Health Programme Manager
|Position: Health Programme Manager||Status: Salaried|
|Starting date: ASAP||Ending date: TBD|
|Country: Turkey||Base: Antakya|
1. Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is an international humanitarian, impartial and independent organization based in Turkey, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty or exclusion.
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
Since the 15th of March 2011, beginning of mass demonstrations savagely repressed by the government in the city of Dera’a, then in other main towns of Syria, situation has dramatically deteriorated. Civil war is raging and is supposed to have cost life to more than 250,000 people. The military conflict between the Syrian army and the opposition forces has resulted in massive displacements of populations inside the country and in neighbouring countries i.e. Turkey, Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan.Besides, as a consequence of the different conflicts in the Middle East and central Asia, the number of persons trying to reach Europe though Turkey has increased dramatically in 2015. Turkey has become a hotspot for migrants travelling to Europe, through Istanbul to reach the Balkans and the West Coast to reach the Greek islands.
DDD’s Strategy is focused on improving access to health for vulnerable populations, and strengthening capacities of local health partners.
3. Hierarchical & Functional links
The Health Programme Manager reports directly to the Field Coordinator based in Antakya, and technically to the Deputy Medical Coordinator.
The Health Programme Manager will manage the medical supervisors, medical manager and medical referent for partners.
4. Essential Duties
- Project management
- Team Management
- External communications
5.1 Project Management
- Health Programme Manager shall consistently monitor the healthcare situation, together with medical manager and partners’ medical focal person;
- Perform health need assessments, as requested, and contribute to the development/review/upgrade of the medical activities according to the needs;
- Responsible to ensure that medical/clinical services are implemented in good quality; and according to the Association’s protocols;
- Together with the partners’ medical referents and pharmacist; closely follow and monitor the needs and the cooperation of the partners and identify relevance/gap of support provided by the Association;
- Propose any revision or update of medical protocols, service provision and partnerships;
- Conduct field visits to project sites for direct implementation and partners according to the need and whenever requested by the coordination team;
- Provide continuous input to Coordination team to ensure that the different components of the program are consistent and in line with the health needs of the population;
- Contribute to the project proposals development in terms of needs, etc.
5.2 Team Management
- Manage and supervise the medical team. Delegate tasks when needed;
- Support the directly managed medical team in the management of the project activities/pharmacy/partners and the staff management;
- Evaluate the competency of the directly managed staff; build their capacity accordingly with the support and guidance of the field and medical coordination team;
- Organize the team annual leaves and plan for replacements;
- Identify the training needs of the medical and paramedical team, conduct trainings, follow up and evaluations;
- Jointly with the medical manager/referent; train the medical staff directly in the field;
- Implement staff meetings and report to field/medical coordination;
- Participate in the recruitment process of the team;
- Report any HR issues to the line manager and resolve team conflicts by actively involving HR department.
5.3 External Communication
- Maintain regular contacts with UN agencies and other medical NGOs and organizations, through meetings, training, workshops, etc.;
- Collect data, indicators, surveys and assessments according to the mission’s needs; and provide input and contribute to analysis;
- Attend meetings related to health, representing DDD, and provide appropriate feed-back (minutes);
- Attend Technical team meetings and coordination team meetings.
- Instant information sharing with the line and technical manager on any context updates;
- Receive morbidity data of direct implemented services on weekly basis; review; analyse and submit to medical coordination team;
- Receive monthly reports from medical referents and pharmacists;
- Provide a monthly report to the field/Medical coordination, detailing activities done, supervision, training given, assessments undertaken etc.;
- Submit minutes of the staff meetings done with the teams;
- Report field visit feedbacks to the coordination team;
- Report any security related issues to the Field Coordinator.
- Participation in assessments/service mapping, where and when necessary;
- Keep the team informed on any issues related to logistics needs for the medical teams in the field;
- Support operational organisation of field trips; and DDD and partners programs/activities;
- Translate verbally and by written when necessary;
- Participate to internal meetings;
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to apply:
- Send your application file (CV and motivation letter in one file) to the recruitment email:email@example.com
- Please include “Health Programme Manager and your full name” in the subject line of the email. Email applications without this subject will not be considered.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 5th November 2017.
- Please note that due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and recruit before the deadline.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
- Medical doctor degree
- At least three years of working experience
- English are mandatory (oral and written), Arabic would be a plus
- Good command of Microsoft suite i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- High managerial, communication, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills are expected
- Time management and able to meet the deadlines
- Ability to cope with work under pressure, often to strict deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, and patience
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Autonomous and able to work with minimum supervision
- High team spirit
- Creative and eager to develop the projects when possible