QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Master degree in Accounting / Business Administration.
- Minimum three years’ practical experience of managing financial matters of an organization in the similar position, prior working experience in NGOs in similar role or other finance position will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with accounting under ERP system will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of donor regulations (SIDA, ECHO, WFP etc) will be preferred;
- Understanding of the emergency, rehabilitation and development project activities;
- Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Strong commitment towards Islamic Relief Worldwide values (islamic-relief.org/).
- Computer proficient in Excel Word, and power point.
- The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties.
- MUST BE TURKISH NATIONAL with strong knowledge of all applicable local laws, taxes, social security etc.
- In addition to Turkish language, the incumbent must able to speak and write English language;
- Arabic language proficiency will be an added advantage;
- Personal Attributes:
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful and flexible.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics.
Current Employee’s Name/ Signature: Date:
Supervisor’s Name/ Signature: Date:
Approved by (HoM) Name/ Signature: Date:
|For Human Resources use Only|
Is the Job Description: New:_________ Revised:_________ No Change:____________
Is the Job Description Complete? Yes:_________ No:_______________
Human Resources Signature: ___________________________________
ISLAMIC RELEIF SYRIA TURKEY MISSION
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Finance Officer
Functional Title: Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Coordinator
The Finance Officer will be responsible for maintaining financial system in order to support operations and meet legislative requirements of the Organization.
Scope of the work:
The Finance officer reports to the finance coordinator and is responsible for reviewing Journal vouchers including approval and posting of journals in the financial system on the same time reviewing sub office field and staff clearances, and managing smooth financial operations of the office. The Finance officer must work diligently within the Financial Management, following policies, procedures and in compliant with all Islamic Relief guidelines.
Failure to provide adequate services may result in lost or misused revenues, inaccurate financial statements and financial hardships for employees, contractors and suppliers if the payroll and/or accounts payables are not processed in an accurate and timely manner.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities.
- Review, approve and posting of general journals, payment journals and receipt journals.
- Review, monitor and control petty cash payments for routine operations.
- Review, control and approve entries in cash book on daily basis.
- Monitor and control staff advances of all offices and ensure regular follow up.
- Review and processes supplier invoices and payments within stipulated time period.
- Review and approve bank reconciliation statements and follow up on long outstanding items on monthly basis.
- Review and approve reconciliation of petty cash and cash at safe on regular basis.
- Review existing business processes and suggest value addition on continued basis
- Ensure strict internal controls over cash and safe management.
- Establish mechanism to review reconciliation of general ledger and take necessary corrective actions.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with IR policies and procedures while processing any transaction.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded into AX before disbursement.
- Ensure proper recording of project, donor dimensions along with use of correct account type and category before posting the transaction in ERP financial system.
- Assist with the annual and project financial audit.
- Ensure the safeguarding of all IR funds and assets.
- To attend finance meetings and document key information and decisions as required.
- Reconciliation of fixed asset register of AX with fixed asset listing on quarterly basis.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.