QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- University degree in Accounting.
- Minimum two years’ experience of working in NGOs in similar role or other finance position.
- Familiarity with accounting under ERP system will be an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of donor regulations (SIDA, ECHO, WFP etc);
- Basic understanding of the emergency, rehabilitation and development project activities;
- Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong commitment towards Islamic Relief Worldwide values (Link).
- Computer proficient in Excel Word, and power point.
- The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties.
- MUST BE TURKISH NATIONAL with knowledge of local laws, taxes, social security etc.
- In addition to Turkish language, the incumbent must able to speak and write English language;
- Arabic language proficiency is an additional advantage;
- Personal Attributes:
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful and flexible.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics
Approved by (HoM) Name/ Signature: Date:
|For Human Resources use Only|
Is the Job Description: New:_________ Revised:_________ No Change:____________
Is the Job Description Complete? Yes:_________ No:_______________
Human Resources Signature: ___________________________________
ISLAMIC RELEIF SYRIA TURKEY MISSION
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Functional Title: Account Assistant
Reporting to: Finance Officer
The Finance Assistant is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting, in order to meet legislative requirements and support municipal operations.
Scope of the work:
The Finance Assistant reports to the finance officer and is responsible for preparing Journal vouchers, reviewing sub office field and staff clearances, and assisting in managing office operations. The Finance Assistant must work diligently within the Financial Management, following policies, procedures and in compliant with all Islamic Relief guidelines.
Failure to provide adequate services may result in lost or misused revenues, inaccurate financial statements and financial hardships for employees, contractors and suppliers if the payroll and/or accounts payables are not processed in an accurate and timely manner.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities.
- Preparing Journal vouchers.
- Preparing cash payments vouchers.
- Preparing cash received vouchers.
- Handling petty cash for daily payments.
- Updating cash book on daily bases.
- Follow up and clear sub office and staff advances.
- Follow up and processes supplier invoices and payments within stipulated time period.
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare and reconcile petty cash and cash at safe.
- Establish and maintain controls over cash.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.